GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Who processes your information?
ABI Nurseries Limited t/a The Akhter Early Learning Centre is the data controller of the personal information you provide to us. This means the Akhter ELC determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal data relating to children and their families is to be processed. The Director of the Akhter ELC acts as a representative for the Akhter ELC with regard to its data controller responsibilities; they can be contacted on 01279 927020 or info@Akhterelc.co.uk
In some cases, your data will be outsourced to a third-party processor; however, this will only be done with your consent, unless the law requires the Akhter ELC to share your data. Where the Akhter ELC outsources data to a third-party processor, the same data protection standards that the Akhter ELC upholds are imposed on the processor.
Why do we collect and use your information?
Akhter ELC holds the legal right to collect and use personal data relating to children and their families, and we may also receive information regarding them from their previous childcare setting, Local Authority and/or the Department for Education. We collect and use personal data in order to meet legal requirements and legitimate interests set out in the GDPR and UK law, including those in relation to the following:
- Article 6 and Article 9 of the GDPR
- Education Act 1996
- Regulation 5 of The Education (Information About Individual Pupils) (England) Regulations 2013
- Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
In accordance with the above, the personal data of children and their families is collected and used for the following reasons:
- To support a child’s learning and development
- To monitor and report on a child’s progress
- To provide appropriate pastoral care
- To assess the quality of our service
- To comply with the law regarding data sharing
- To safeguard children
Which data is collected?
The categories of children and parent/carer information that the Akhter ELC collects, holds and shares include the following:
- Personal information – e.g. Parent/carer/children names, contact details e.g. addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses. Children’s date of birth, photograph.
- Characteristics – e.g. gender, ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth, diet.
- Government or other funding eligibility.
- Attendance information.
- Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) assessment information.
- Relevant medical information.
- Information relating to Special Educational Needs (SEND).
Whilst the majority of the personal data you provide to the Akhter ELC is mandatory, some is provided on a voluntary basis. When collecting data, the Akhter ELC will inform you whether you are required to provide this data or if your consent is needed. Where consent is required, the Akhter ELC will provide you with specific and explicit information with regards to the reasons the data is being collected and how the data will be used.
How long is your data stored for?
Personal data relating to children and their families is stored in line with the Akhter ELC GDPR Data Protection Policy.
In accordance with the GDPR, the Akhter ELC does not store personal data indefinitely; data is only stored for as long as is necessary to complete the task for which it was originally collected.
Will my information be shared?
The Akhter ELC is required to share children’s data with the Local Authority on a statutory basis. This process is necessary for the contract we have with you the parent/carer of the child to provide childcare and the contract we have with the local authority to provide funded childcare to eligible families. The Akhter ELC also has to comply with legal obligations (submitting data for early years census).
The Local Authority may share information about our children with third parties who promote the learning, development or wellbeing of children in England by:
- Conducting research or analysis.
- Producing statistics.
- Providing information, advice or guidance.
The Local Authority has robust processes in place to ensure the confidentiality of any data is maintained.
Akhter ELC will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, unless the law allows us to do so. The Akhter ELC routinely shares children’s information with:
- Our Local Authority
- Schools that the child attends after leaving our provision
- Other local childcare providers where the child is engaging currently
- Department for Education (DfE)
- Special Education Needs Co-Ordinators (SENCO)
- NHS services (health visitors and speech and language therapists)
What are your rights?
Parents and children have the following rights in relation to the processing of their personal data. You have the right to:
- Be informed about how Akhter ELC uses your personal data.
- Request access to the personal data that Akhter ELC holds.
- Request that your personal data is amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- Request that the processing of your data is restricted.
- Object to your personal data being processed.
Where the processing of your data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
If you have a concern about the way Akhter ELC and/or the Local Authority is collecting or using your personal data, you can raise a concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted on 0303 123 1113, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Our ICO registration reference is Z246418X.
Where can you find out more information?
If you would like to find out more information about how we collect, use and store your personal data, please click on the link below to our GDPR Policy or contact the Akhter ELC on 01279 927020 or e-mail email@example.com
June 2018 Rev 1.2